Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Back from Vacation

I took a two day vacation from counting my points, and now I have to walk the straight and narrow for the rest of the week. I didn't plan this break, it just happened. I made the mistake of buying Ben and Jerry's with a two-for-one coupon that I had. I told myself I'd just have 1/2 cup each day (7 points) and that it would be fine since I'm accounting for the points and it may even have some benefit since I have trouble getting my calcium servings in. I didn't count on not being able to stop at 1/2 cup. What started as good intentions turned into a full-on oink fest. Needless to say, the Ben and Jerry's is now gone. I will never buy it again. I don't have the willpower, and I know it now. I will also not buy cheese in a tub because I can't control myself with this either. I will stick to Laughing Cow wedges and take them to work. They are nicely premeasured so I don't have to worry about getting into a feeding frenzy and eating all of it. On a positive note, I did start exercising yesterday. I only made it about 5 minutes but it was a start, and I will build on it each day.