Saturday, July 23, 2005

Slow Improvement

Well, I had a good weigh-in today, down 2.2 pounds, but I still feel a little disappointed. I've been flirting with my 20 pound mark for a month now. I know I will get it next week, but I was really hoping today would be the day. I guess I've been beating myself up a little for having to backtrack and lose the same weight twice in one month, but it stops now. Onward and downward from here.

I've been stressing out over some major life decisions lately, and I feel like it wouldn't take much to get me off track again. Sort of like an alcoholic who is just getting sober. I've been planning to buy a house before the end of the year, and I feel like I need to do it soon because of rising interests rates, but I've been having some serious anxiety over whether it's what I really want. I've put my life (and my money) on hold for a year trying to get things paid off and save a little cash, but I don't think buying a house is what I really want. It's what my family wants and expects, and I have to admit that I get caught up in it sometimes, too. But I'm planning to go back to travel nursing, which means I would only be home for short periods of time during the year. I'm not sure I want to make that kind of investment if I'm never going to be here. I'd have to have someone look after the place, and it would just be a mess. Plus, truth be told, I don't think I'm financially stable enough for a house. I make a good income, but I also have a lot of student loan debt which is weighing me down so that I have very little disposable income. So...I've been thinking about scrapping the house plan and going back to travel nursing now vs. several more months of saving every penny and working a job I don't like in order to buy a house that I can't afford, don't really want, and will rarely live in. Seems like a no-brainer until I think about telling my family.

Anyway, I can't figure it all out tonight, so I think I'll go rent a movie. More later....

Jen
320.8/301/150